Education / Meetings
SPA Committee on International Education & Service
Links of Interest
Benefits of Membership
The SPA benefits its members by providing opportunities for furthering professional development in the field of pediatric anesthesia and improving patient care in the following ways:
- Quality CME activities that offer education in state-of-the-art issues that directly affect and enhance the practice of anesthesia and perioperative care,
- Free online education for CME credit
- Discounted registration fees at the Annual and Winter meetings
- A forum for networking with other pediatric anesthesia medical professionals,
- Research and scientific progress through grant funding in conjunction with FAER to qualified member applicants,
- Complimentary subscription to the society newsletter (three times per year) which communicates Board of Director and committee activities as well as literature reviews and other articles of interest in the field of pediatric anesthesia,
- Reduced fees for the international journal, Pediatric Anesthesia
- An up-to-date website that provides a wealth of information at the touch of a button where members may actively participate in society business,
- A Members Only section on the website which provides an avenue for communicating with other members, paying dues and registering for meetings. The Members Only section offers a real-time password protected directory that will put you in touch with other SPA members.
- Reduced member dues are available for Joint Membership with the Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia Society.
- Automatic reporting of category 1 credit toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award, earned at SPA sponsored activities, to the American Board of Anesthesiology in accordance with MOCA. For more information about MOCA, visit https://secure.abanes.org/portal/AboutMOC.asp.
You may join SPA by using the Online Membership Application
Or alternatively, you may mail or fax in your membership request by using our Printable Membership Application
Online Membership Application Printable Membership Application (PDF)
Or click here to sign up for the SPA/CCAS Joint Membership