How long have you been a member of SPA?
Since September 2017
Please list a few of your most recent accomplishments:
Top score (50/50) in the in-training exam as a CA 3 anesthesiology resident in 2017
Started pediatric anesthesia fellowship training at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
Submitted two abstracts for Spring SPA 2018 meeting. “Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformations in neonates and infants: Do we need one lung ventilation?”, “Anesthetic Management of Spinal Muscular Atrophy Patients Receiving Intrathecal Nusinersen: Our experience”
Why did you join SPA?
To learn from experts, to network with other academic pediatric anesthesiologists across the country, as a career search tool, as a educational tool for fellowship training and to stay updated on the current issues in pediatric anesthesiology
Education & Training:
M.B.B.S. – Madras Medical College, India. July 2002-Sep 2008
Anesthesiology Residency M.D. – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India. Jan 2009-Dec 2011
Anesthesiology Residency – NYP-Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, Weil-Cornell Medical College, NY. July 2014-June 2017
Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship – Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio. July 2017-June 2018
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles/Abstracts:
1. Agarwal A, Khanna P, Narayanasamy S, Prasad G, Borle A. Anaesthetic management for emergency caesarean section in a patient with an untreated recently diagnosed phaeochromocytoma. Indian J Anaesth. 2011 Nov; 55(6): 614-617. PMID: 22223909.
2. Chowdhury T, Narayanasamy S, Dube SK, Rath GP. Acute hemodynamic disturbances during lumbar spine surgery. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2012 Jan; 24(1): 80-81. PMID: 22076009.
3. Narayanasamy S, Khanna P, Bhalla AP, Singh AK. Perioperative concerns in transoral robotic surgery: Initial experience of four cases. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2012 Apr; 28(2): 226-229. PMID: 22557748.
1. Laryngospasm in the induction room – Anesthesiology CQI presentation, Cincinati Children’s Hospital Oct 2017
2. Anesthetic considerations in healthy infants, neonates and toddlers– Anesthesiology Grand rounds, New York Presbyterian-Brooklyn Methodist Hospital Jan 2017
3. Coronary Artery Disease – Recent advances. Philippine Medical Association in America NY August 2016
4. Anesthesia for bariatric surgery – Annual anesthesia update lecture. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mt.Sinai Hospital. Nov 2015
5. Nitrous oxide in obstetric anesthesia: the real story – Combined OB/Anesthesia Grand rounds New York Presbyterian-Brooklyn Methodist Hospital Sep 2015
6. Hypertension – Public awareness lecture. XGDF association, NY Mar 2015
7. Postoperative pulmonary complications and how to avoid them – Anesthesiology Grand rounds. New York Presbyterian-Brooklyn Methodist Hospital Oct 2014
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Cooking Indian food, Spending time with my two-year-old son, Watching Cricket sports.