Education / Meetings
SPA Committee on International Education & Service
Links of Interest
Volume 17 Number 2
Spring 2004 Newsletter
The Board of Directors has approved amendments to the bylaws of the Society. These are the first substantial changes in the bylaws since 1987. One of the primary goals for the revision in the bylaws was a change in the process for election of officers and directors designed to broaden participation. Historically, election of officers and directors was limited to only those attending the business meeting held during the annual fall meeting of the society. The revised bylaws will allow for participation by all members of the society through electronic mail elections. In fact, plans are currently underway for the 2004 election of officers and directors to be held via this new process. The revised bylaws can be viewed on the SPA website.
The Bylaws Committee would appreciate any comments from our membership. Please contact the committee chair (Lynn Martin) at email@example.com.
Lynn D. Martin, MD
Chair, Bylaws Committee
Table of Contents
- President's Message
- Editor's Corner
- Bylaws Amended
- Genesis of a CPT Code
- Fellow's Corner
Choosing a Career in Academic Pediatric Anesthesia
- SPA Elections
- Pediatric Anesthesiology 2004 Meeting Review
Point Hilton Squaw Peak Resort - March 4-7, 2004
- Reviews & Commentary
- Perception of Child Vulnerability Among Mothers of Former Premature Infants
Allen EC, Manuel JC, Legault C et al. Pediatrics 2004;113:267-273
- Billing Practices, Ofri, D; Uninsured, Unwanted, Unworthy?
Chesleigh, F. The Hastings Center Report Jan-Feb 2004
- The Effect of Obesity, Gender and Ethnic Group of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in Hypertensive Children: A Collaborative Study of the International Pediatric Hypertension Association
Havevold C, Waller J, Daniels S et al. Pediatrics 2004;113:328-333
- A Cautionary Tale About Supplemental Oxygen: The Albatross of Neonatal Medicine
Silverman, WA Pediatrics 2004;113:394-396
- EMLA Toxicity After Application
for Allergy Skin Testing
Parker JF, Vats A, Bauer G. Pediatrics 2004;113:410-411
- Overweight, Ethnicity and the Prevalence of Hypertension in School-aged Children.
Soro f JM, Lai DL, Turner J et al. Pediatrics 2004:113:475-482
- Short term Use of umbilical Artery Catheters may not be Associated with Increased Risk For Thrombosis.
Coleman MM, Spear ML, Finkelstein M et al. Pediatrics 2004;113:770-774
- Recurrent Abdominal Pain, Anxiety and Depression in Primary Care.
Campo JV, Bridge J, Ehmann m et al. Pediatrics 2004;113;817-824
- The Ancillary-Care Responsibilities of Medical Researchers: An Ethical Framework for Thinking about the Clinical Care that Researchers owe their Subjects.
Richardson, HS, Belsky L The Hastings Report Jan-Feb 2004;25-33
- Literature Reviews